all is quiet on the home front...

All is quiet on the home front but hectic in the kitchen LOL. I have been very busy with organizing the cakes I told you about earlier.
I set myself a massive challenge for this venture and so far so good... It is such a satisfying thing when an idea just seems to pull together.
I know it isn't cloth related but it still pertains to dolls (that's my story and I am sticking to it)...   
 I am so excited I just wanted to share the progress pics...


I took a paper mache mannequin and did a foil overlay which I taped up and cut away. I then taped this closed and stuffed til firm enough to hold its shape.

from this
to this....
Then I covered in sugar paste and let dry, finally I dusted with some luster dusts to give a lovely glow


This next picture is a test run to make sure the mannequin top will fit and to check sizing of cakes
can you see where I am going with this?


I have made these awesome scrolls with a flexible icing and these will be like appliques on the final dress, cant wait!!!
final layout for dress..
I finally finished all the roses for the cake... and then some.... Made a few extra for the likely event someone accidentally eats one LOL... wasnt me haahaaaa
Finished  chocolate roses and leaves for wedding cake...YUM!
I will be doing the fondant today and final touches tomorrow ready for the bridal shower tomorrow night... more pics later

  let me know what you think so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails